As part of its ongoing effort to supply financial relief to musicians and music programs struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Guitar Center Music Foundation has been raising money through its Relief 4 Musicians streaming series. Blues-rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa will be featured during the next rendition of the event, which will take place on August 6 at 5 p.m. EDT/2 p.m. PDT. Bonamassa is approaching his 26th year as a professional musician, and he’s released more than 30 albums to date.

The online event will be free with an opportunity for viewers to make donations and bid on collectible artist-signed items. This particular installment is a joint effort between Relief 4 Musicians and Bonamassa’s Fueling Musicians Program, with 75 percent of the proceeds going toward Fueling Musicians and the other 25 percent benefiting Relief 4 Musicians. All donations will aid musicians, music-education programs and music-therapy programs affected by the health crisis by providing funding for instruments, remote-learning necessities, scholarships and more.

During the live stream, Bonamassa will show off never-before-seen historic instruments and other items from his Nashville, Tenn. home, “Nerdville East.” He’ll also play and sign two guitars – a Gibson 1956 Les Paul Gold Top re-issue and a Gibson Hummingbird Acoustic guitar – both of which will be auctioned off for charity via links provided during and after the live stream. The event will be available to watch on Bonamassa’s Facebook page and YouTube channel, and will remain on both platforms for a full week after it takes place.

Those interested in donating can do so through Give Lively’s website, or by texting R4MJL20 to 44-321. Additional items will be auctioned off through BetterWorld, where bidding will be open through August 12.

For more news from the Music & Sound Retailer, click here.

No more articles