On July 31, Gibson Guitars posted an online job listing ad on ExecThread, seeking a new CEO. “I will be here for a while, as CEO, and then I will be here for a while, for a couple of years, as an active advisor and mentor,” current CEO Henry Juszkiewicz recently told MusicRadar. “And we have a lot of young managers that are just dynamite inside the company, that are progressing and will progress into higher levels, so it’s all good.”
However, the CEO hinted at retirement as well.
The exact job posted is presented below. Several media sources have confirmed the posting was in fact created by Gibson.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
About the Role
Greater Nashville Area (HQ)
• General Management
• Prior experience in a major consumer products company required
• Prior experience in a recognized brand, including digital, social engagement & e-commerce required
• Experience in acquiring & integrating complementary businesses preferred
• Private equity experience including a successful “exit” preferred
• Music industry experience preferred
• Prior P&L experience with global premium brands preferred