Gibson formed a partnership with Gibson Gives, Sweetwater.com and Amped Guitar Learning to offer new users three months of Premium Access Membership for free. A limited quantity of subscriptions are available now on the Apple app store worldwide.
“In these unprecedented and uncertain times, we all could use a little inspiration for each other and for ourselves,” said James ‘JC’ Curleigh,’ CEO of Gibson. “With Gibson Gives, Sweetwater and Amped, we are literally providing that inspiration and opportunity for anyone who loves music and has always wanted to learn to play guitar.”
Amped Guitar is a unique and engaging two-way, online learning experience that listens to your playing and instinctively adapts the lesson vs. a one-way instructional video. It interacts with the player and creates an additional guitar layer in real-time that turns boring old guitar lessons into an empowering and immersive experience.
“Sweetwater was founded more than 40 years ago with one goal in mind: to help our friends make music. It remains our number one priority. This partnership will allow even more people to harness the power that music has to unite, heal, and inspire. That’s especially important during these trying times,” said Sweetwater founder and CEO Chuck Surack.
With a three-month Premium Membership to Amped Guitar, players receive:
- Full learning curriculum with multiple genres, hundreds of guided lessons teaching you chords, soloing and songs
- Immersive playing experience keeping you motivated to play and develop real skills
- Step-by-step guidance based on AR
- Play songs from some of the greatest guitarists in history including Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Santana, Aerosmith, Tom Petty, Dolly Parton, The Beatles, Bon Jovi, Thin Lizzy, Bryan Adams and many more
- Guided learning path from basic skills to advanced guitar techniques
- Real-time feedback
- Amped animations and videos to teach you new skills and guide you in your learning
- Track your progress
- All lessons developed by expert guitar teachers
- Flexibility: play anywhere and anytime you want
- No cables or amps are needed
- Plug in iRig to perform for friends
“For us, this is like one giant love letter to anyone wanting to learn and we’re proud to team up with Gibson and Sweetwater to help people learn guitar. Amped Guitar allows anyone to pick up a guitar and get an energized experience in their first lesson. We teach beginners without making them feel like beginners, which is a very powerful thing,” said Daniel Katzenellenbogen, Amped Guitar CEO.