Gibson Brands promoted Cesar Gueikian to the newly created position of brand president at Gibson Brands. Gueikian joined Gibson in 2018 as part of the “new” leadership team and has been instrumental in Gibson’s resurgence. In his new role, he will take on additional responsibilities centered around future Gibson innovation, omni-experience and strategic brand management.
“From day one, Cesar’s balance of passion and professionalism started to make a difference,” said James ‘JC’ Curleigh, president and CEO Gibson Brands. “He has built a great team, he has made great progress, and he is now positioned to make an even bigger impact going forward in his new leadership role.”
The current Brand portfolio at Gibson Brands includes Gibson, Epiphone, Kramer, KRK, MESA/Boogie and Steinberger.
“I am proud of the progress we have made across all of our Brands and the response from artists, dealers, and fans has been amazing,” said Gueikian. “The challenge is to keep this momentum going, so in my new role I will continue to focus on balancing our iconic past and building our innovative future. I am excited about this opportunity and the team is ready to rock.”
Gibson Brands Rolls Out Other Team Changes
Gibson also announced a series of other organization shifts, additions and promotions designed to strengthen the team going forward including:
- Eric Purcell has been promoted to vice president of quality.
- John French has been promoted to vice president of supply chain.
- Elizabeth Heidt will take on the new role of vice president of cultural influence.
- Mat Koehler has been promoted to senior director of product development.
- Krista Gilley has been promoted to director of brands to take on the company’s full brand portfolio.
- Josh Ehren joins Gibson Brands as the global head of omni experience.
- Jill Skordinski joins the company as corporate controller.
- Roger Hutchinson joins the company as director of dealer services.
- Dave Jones joins Gibson as the new EHS manager.
“Our future success is directly related to the strength of our team and we have built an amazing team all aligned around our vision, mission, and priorities for Gibson Brands,” added Curleigh.
For more news from the Music & Sound Retailer, click here.