ADVERTISING RATES AND INFORMATION
The Music & Sound Retailer reaches the people who reach your people.
More MI Retailers Request
Our Magazine Than Any Other Publication!
• Highest requested circulation of any MI trade publication
• Every ad positioned for maximum impact
• The most visually appealing magazine in MI
• A magazine that people enjoy reading
ADS SUPPLIED ELECTRONICALLY
Advertisements should be supplied as press-ready Adobe PDF files.
Adobe PDFs of bleed ads should be sized to bleed dimensions without crop marks, color bars or other printer information.
See ad sizes below
Color images should be in CMYK mode at a minimum of 300 dpi and should not exceed 300% ink density. An Iris proof or similar high-quality digital proof should accompany ad. In the absence of a high-quality proof, we are not responsible for reproduction quality.
Digital Prepress file requirements.
Adobe PDF Version 1.3 (Acrobat 4.x)
* it’s a common problem to make files that are Adobe 6.0 (PDF 1.5) which supports transparency. However the RIP’s we use do not support it, In fact, it is not supported by any Adobe RIP’s at this time.
Standard: PDF/X-1a:2001, High Resolution Transparency Flattener.
Compression: Bicubic Downsampling to 300ppi using either JPEG or ZIP compression. Page resolution set to 2540dpi.
Fonts: Embed all fonts.
Color: CMYK U.S. WebCoated (SWOP) v2
Ads can be posted to our FTP site, must Login with username and password testa1. username and password is case sensitive.
Please upload file to folder marked
“TO TESTA COMMUNICATIONS”
Multiple files must be saved as a StuffIt or ZIP format. Once the file has been successfully transferred (uploaded) please notify us via email to RPimentel@testa.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the file name, description of the ad, the magazine, month, etc. It is critical that we are notified after a file is uploaded as undocumented files are periodically purged. Files less than 15 megabytes can be emailed straight to Ricky Pimentel at RPimentel@testa.com. Please include insertion details along with the file.
INSERTS & TIP-ONS: Call for availability, costs and specifications, please contact
Robert Iraggi at email@example.com
CLASSIFIEDS & MARKETPLACE: Request Rates, please contact Robert Iraggi at firstname.lastname@example.org
AD SIZES AND SPECS
Publication is Tabloid size.
Trim = 9.5” wide X 12.625” tall
Bleed = 10” wide X 13.125” tall
* typically we want a 1/4 inch (0.25”) of bleed on each trim side.
Live Area margin = 8.875” wide X 12.625” tall
* typically we ask that 3/8 inch (0.375”) margin be left between the trim and any important images, logos and/or type.